- PERLMAN, RECHT, RESTRICTED VIDEOS AT THE MOTAS MEETING (SU 11/13)
- DINING DOES GOOD: CHIS CHINESE (MO 11/14)
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: CHANUKAH BOUTIQUE FOOD SERVICE (SU 11/20)x
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: BENCH PAINTING FOR SCHOOL
- PLANNING FOR JEWISH CHRISTMAS (SU 12/25)
- IN CLOSING
- Can classical violinist Itzhak Perlman play Klezmer Music? We investigate.
- When he taught in Detroit’s public schools, the kids listened. Mel Janis will be giving us a Dvar Torah.
- Can a Jewish song Rock and Inspire? We break down Halleluya by Rick Recht.
- Youtube is restricting them, Google is censoring them, and we’ll show them! Videos they don’t want us to watch.
- Debate topic: Who was more foolish, Gimpel or Men of TAS on Mitzvah Day?
All this and more at the next MoTAS Membership meeting on Sunday, November 13. As usual, it will begin with breakfast at 8:45 am, with the meeting proper starting at 9:00 am.
Our November “Dining Does Good” will be on Monday, November 14 at Chi’s Chinese, 9635 Reseda Blvd in Northridge, from 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM. Present a flyer when you dine or take-out, and MoTAS and the TAS ECEC will split 20% of your bill. There is more information, as well as a printable flyer (just click on the image) at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/activities/dining. You will also find the flyer in the Temple foyer, in the November Menorah, and in the weekly eblasts.
On Sunday, November 20, Sisterhood will be having their annual Holiday Boutique, and as usual, MoTAS will be providing the food service. If you will be able to volunteer to sell lunch items this day (10am to 2pm), please RSVP at http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=199842715.
Volunteers are needed to prime and paint three small wooden benches for our school. All expenses reimbursed by the Men of TAS. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to help.
We are currently in the planning stages for our Jewish Christmas activity, also known as a movie and Chinese food. This year, Christmas Eve is the first night of Chanukah, and Christmas Day (and hence, dinner on Christmas) is the 2nd night of Chanukah. Last year, we made a reservation at Hunan Garden and had a group dinner with a fixed menu and fixed costs. This year, owning to the confluence of holidays, we have two options:
- Go Out for Chinese. Do what we did last year: coordinate a menu with the restaurant, pay in advance, and all meet for dinner at a specified time.
- Latke Party/Take Out Chinese. In the spirit of the Holiday, we’ll have potluck latkes (bring your batter), and bring in Chinese food (again, pre-ordered). For this, we would need a volunteer to provide a house to host.
As we did last year, we’ll pick a small set of movies and coordiante showings so we can meet as groups for the difference shows, before we meet for discussion and dinner.
If you have a particular preference for what we should do, please drop an email to email@example.com.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!