In This Issue:
- MOTAS NOVEMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING – SUNDAY NOV 13
- DINING DOES GOOD: CHIS CHINESE – MONDAY NOV 14
- CHANUKAH BOUTIQUE FOOD SERVICE – SUNDAY NOV 20
- PLANNING FOR JEWISH CHRISTMAS – SUNDAY DEC 25
- IN CLOSING
1. MOTAS NOVEMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING – SUNDAY NOV 13
The next MoTAS Membership meeting is Sunday, November 13. As usual, it will begin with breakfast at 8:45 am, with the meeting proper starting at 9:00 am. Frank has indicated that the plan is to have a program with music and speakers via video, followed by a discussion. He has told me that the videos were rated RESTRICTED, so expect an interesting meeting!
2. DINING DOES GOOD: CHIS CHINESE – MONDAY NOV 14
Our November “Dining Does Good” will be on Monday, November 14 at Chi’s Chinese, 9635 Reseda Blvd in Northridge, from 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM. Present a flyer when you dine or take-out, and MoTAS and the TAS ECEC will split 20% of your bill. There is more information, as well as a printable flyer (just click on the image) at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/activities/dining. You will also find the flyer in the Temple foyer, in the November Menorah, and in the weekly eblasts.
3. CHANUKAH BOUTIQUE FOOD SERVICE – SUNDAY NOV 20
On Sunday, November 20, Sisterhood will be having their annual Holiday Boutique, and as usual, MoTAS will be providing the food service. If you will be able to volunteer and help on this day, please RSVP at http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=199842715.
4. PLANNING FOR JEWISH CHRISTMAS – SUNDAY DEC 25
We are currently in the planning stages for our Jewish Christmas activity, also known as a movie and Chinese food. This year, Christmas Eve is the first night of Chanukah, and Christmas Day (and hence, dinner on Christmas) is the 2nd night of Chanukah. Last year, we made a reservation at Hunan Garden and had a group dinner with a fixed menu and fixed costs. This year, owning to the confluence of holidays, we have two options:
- Go Out for Chinese. Do what we did last year: coordinate a menu with the restaurant, pay in advance, and all meet for dinner at a specified time.
- Latke Party/Take Out Chinese. In the spirit of the Holiday, we’ll have potluck latkes (bring your batter), and bring in Chinese food (again, pre-ordered). For this, we would need a volunteer to provide a house to host.
As we did last year, we’ll pick a small set of movies and coordiante showings so we can meet as groups for the difference shows, before we meet for discussion and dinner.
If you have a particular preference for what we should do, please drop an email to email@example.com.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!