The Executive Board of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom coordinates the operation of MoTAS. Each year, this board establishes the organizational budget, plans the overall activity schedule, and oversees and approves fund disbursement requests in accordance with the budget and established policy. The board meets monthly to review the status of upcoming activities, handle any requests that have come in over the past month, and perform other administrative activities. The goals of these monthly meetings is not only to ensure the organization operates smoothly, but to offload the mundane business activities from the monthly speaker meetings.
Executive Board meetings are normally conducted by telephone at 8pm Pacific on the Monday before our normal Sunday meeting date (that is, the Monday before the second Sunday of the month), unless that Monday is a holiday (in which case, we meet on Thursday). Occasionally, in-person meetings are scheduled. Any of the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom are invited to attend the meetings — the goal is to be open about the decisions made by the Executive Board. Dial-in information is as follows (the number is a toll-call):
[As an alternative, our previous FreeConferencingCall number was: (712) 432-0075, access code: 412408]
A link to the minutes from each meeting will be posted on the website (email the president or secretary if you need a hardcopy). Links will also be posted to other materials to be discussed at the upcoming meeting.
The standing agenda (e.g., the basic agenda) for each meeting is as follows:
- Review and approval of prior meeting minutes
- Budget Report
- Upcoming Activity Review. Reports from all standing activities and upcoming activities to ensure they are on track.
- Old Business. Unfinished business from the prior meeting.
- New Business. New items for discussion
- Action Item Review. Review of newly assigned action items and uncompleted items from prior meetings
Operation of MoTAS is simplified through the following policies established by the Board:
- Policy on Congregational Support (.docx)
Minutes of past Executive Board and Membership meetings may be found here:
- June 2015 Executive Board (.docx)
- May 2015 Membership (.docx)
- May 2015 Executive Board — Cancelled due to a vacation
- April 2015 Membership (.docx)
- (April 2015 Executive Board was a collection of email discussions — Edit and upload pending)
- March 2015 Membership (.docx)
- March 2015 Executive Board — Cancelled.
- February 2015 Membership (.docx)
- February 2015 Executive Board (.docx)
- January 2015 Membership (.docx)
- January 2015 Executive Board (.docx)
- December 2014 Membership (.docx)
- December 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- November 2014 Membership (.docx)
- November 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- October 2014 Membership (.docx)
- October 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- September 2014 Membership (.docx)
- September 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- August 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- July 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- June 2014 Executive Board (.docx)
- Draft v1 Financial Policy for Discussion (.docx) – Tabled To July 2015
- Request for Reimbursement (PDF)
- Authorization to Pay Vendor (PDF)
- Travel Reimbursement Request (PDF)