On Sunday, April 7 at 5pm, please join the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and the Brotherhood of Temple Beth Hillel was we come together for a joint Men’s Seder. This special service and dinner, modeled
after the traditional Passover Seder, provides a comfortable and ‘safe’ space to explore and celebrate what it means to be a contemporary Jewish man. Our liturgy also explores Passover traditions, new and old, from around the world, that you might bring back to your home seder. The event will take place at Temple Ahavat Shalom.
The menu will consist of traditional Passover foods as well as MoTAS’s traditional Seder foods of Bar-B-Que from Stonefire Grill, with Ice Cream and Fruit for dessert. Our menu selection includes:
- Gefilte Fish, Lettuce, and Tomatoes, served with red and white horseradish
- Boneless BBQ Chicken Breast
- Sliced BBQ Tri Tip
- Vegetarian BBQ Chopped Salad consisting of quinoa, mixed greens, black beans, roasted corn, carrots, red cabbage, cilantro, jack cheese, tortilla strips, tomatoes, scallions, and dressing
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Water, soda, iced tea, and coffee
- Kosher wine and grape juice
The cost of the meal is $25. Here’s how to reserve your space:
- Register and pay online with a credit card. There will be a small convenience fee for this (about $2 and change).
- RSVP online, email our treasurer, Roger, or call him at 818/576-8980 and mail a check to:Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom
c/o Temple Ahavat Shalom
18200 Rinaldi Place
Northridge CA 91326.
- You can also pay at the door with cash, credit card, or check,
If you are interested in carpooling from Temple Beth Hillel to Temple Ahavat Shalom, we have a carpool signup list here.
Reservations are due by Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 6PM (note: this date is subject to change as we finalize arrangements)
Please invite your brothers, fathers, uncles and friends to join you. TAS or TBH affiliation is NOT required for this event.
Other useful information: