- NOVEMBER DINING OUT AT CHI’S – TUE NOV 19
- SISTERHOOD HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE- SUN NOV 249
- UPCOMING ACTIVITIES — HOLD THOSE DATES
- IN CLOSING
Note: Your humble editor is on business travel. The minutes from last Sunday’s membership meeting will be delayed until the next weekly.
1. NOVEMBER DINING OUT AT CHI’S – TUE NOV 19
Would you like an easy way to help MoTAS financially? How about taking your family to dinner. The MoTAS “Dining Does Good” allows you to go out to dinner, and have the restaurant donate a portion of your check support the Men of TAS. Our November Dining Does Good” will be Tuesday, November 19 at Chi’s Chinese at 9635 Reseda Blvd. Northridge, CA 91324. You can find a flyer for the event at https://wp.tasnorthridge-motas.org/activities/dining/.
We really encourage you to come and support these events: we raise a little extra funds for our work, but more importantly, we come together and break bread as a Temple family on a regular basis. It is a real joy to walk into a neighborhood restaurant and see your Temple friends, to sit down and share a table and talk. This is the heart and goal of MoTAS: Building Relationships.
The annual Sisterhood Holiday Boutique is Sunday, November 24 from 10am to 3pm. Typically, the Men of TAS helps with the food service. We pickup sandwiches and pizza, and help sell the food to the attendees and the vendors. It is one of the opportunities for our youth to work with MoTAS to earn credit towards camperships by delivering the food.
If you will be able to help us at this event, you can sign up at https://volunteersignup.org/LRE8H.
The following MoTAS events will be occurring in the next few months. Please mark them on your calendars now. More information will be in the weekly as soon as sign in sheets and pricing information becomes available:
- MoTAS Jewish Xmas. Wednesday December 25. You bring the movie, we’ll arrange the Chinese dinner. Basically, we make a group reservation at a local Chinese restaurant so that we can all get together after our afternoon movies for dinner. Saves you the hassle of waiting for a table, and make it easier for the restaurant to have a fixed menu. Win win. Larry Pfeffer is currently coordinating with the restaurant; as soon as we have details, we’ll set up the sign in.
- MoTAS Shabbat. Friday, January 10. This is the Shabbat where MoTAS leads the service, and the Man of the Year is recognized. Bob Levine will be coordinating.
- Tu B’Shevat Seder. Sunday, February 8. This is a seder for Tu B’Shevat that MoTAS leads for the religious school. Tu B’Shevat starts the evening of Sunday February 8, so we will likely do the seder that morning.
- MRJ Man of the Year Dinner. Saturday, March 14. Mark the date on your calendar now for the annual Man of the Year dinner, where our MoTAS honoreee will be feted together with all the other outstanding men from the region. Location to be announced.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!