- FINAL SHABBABAQUE REMINDERS
- BUY YOUR FOOTBALL SQUARES BEFORE THEY ARE GONE
- 2016 GOLF TOURNAMENT ON MON 9/19: SIGN UP NOW TO PLAY, DONATE, OR ADVERTISE
- TICKETING IS NOW OPEN: ALLAN SHERMAN TRIBUTE CONCERT – SAT 10/29
- VOLUNTEER CALL: PANCAKE BREAKFAST – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2016
- IN CLOSING
- Early Bird Signups Are Almost Over! Our last Shabbabaque of this summer is this Friday, August 19. Those of you reading this on Wednesday, August 17 have until 6:00 PM to sign up at the early bird rates. Prices go up $5 per person after 6:00 PM. To sign up, visit http://shab-bbq.tasnorthridge-motas.org/.
- Volunteers Are Still Needed. We always need volunteers to help with setup, serving, and especially cleaning up. This is a wonderful opportunity for teens wanting to earn Mitzvah Credit for camp next summer. If you are able to volunteer, please contact Daniel at email@example.com, and he will get your information to the volunteer coordinator.
- Sign Up at Shabbabaque. Did you know that you can sign up for upcoming MoTAS activities at the Shabbabaque? In fact, you can sign up and pay for every activity mentioned elsewhere in this edition of the MoTAS Weekly. We will have volunteers able to sign you up for Football Squares; we will be glad to sign up players, foursomes, sponsors, and advertisers for the Golf Tournament; tickets will be available for our joint Allan Sherman Concert with Sisterhood; and you can volunteer to help at the Pancake Breakfast.
Summer is Football Squares season! It’s an easy way to support TAS and possibly win a little back. $50 gets you a random square on the board, where randomized rows and columns have the digits 0 through 9. During Monday Night Football season, match the last digit of the home and away team scores in a quarter and win! More information, complete rules, online signup, and signup forms are available at http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org, or contact Bob Levine (818-271-1282, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathy Pullman (email@example.com). Forms are also available in the Temple Foyer. Funds raised by the Sports Squares programs are used to fund specific needs that are often unfunded, and expenditures are distinct from MoTAS’ general fund contributions. Registration closes at 6:00 PM on Friday, September 9.
As you recall, the net proceeds for the Football Squares goes to support TAS projects that cannot be funded, either adequately, or at all, by current temple budgeting. It is your support that makes these things happen. As a result of your participation and support, the temple has had a major overhaul to the kitchen, and we have been able to offer more campership funds to allow our youth to go to Jewish camp in the summer.
Please support us this year, as you have in the past. All the information about the game, as well as sign-up instructions, are available at our website:
We hope you can see your way to be part of our team this season. You might win some money, but the temple is the big winner. A warm thank-you from the Men of TAS.
Note: Football Squares will be on sale at the August Shabbabaque.
The 2016 Annual MoTAS Charity Golf Tournament will be Monday, September 19, 2016. This event is the main fundraiser for MoTAS, and provides the funds that give us the ability to do all the good we do. Everyone in the congregation can help MoTAS by purchasing an $18 3-line message or $36 business card ad in the Tournament Program, by encouraging friends that golf to sign up and play on the tournament day, or by becoming a sponsor of the Golf Tournment:
- Play. Come out and play at the tournament. Entries are $215 per player.
- Sponsor. Companies and individuals can sponsor the tournament, starting at $180 for a Tee sign and going up. This is a great way for a corporation or local business to show their support. Sponsorships at the Corporate level and above include player spots, and all include advertising in the TAS Calendar/Tournament Program.
- Advertise. Our Tournament Program is a printed calendar of Temple events throughout the year, surrounded by ads and messages from members and businesses. Everyone can participate: 3 line messages are only $18, and honorarium/memorial ads are $36. Draw local businesses in to advertise, and build their relationship with the TAS community-prices start at $36 for a business card ad to $250 for a full page ad.
- Donate. We need prize and silent auction items. Get a local restaurant or theatre to donate a dinner/show, and advertise in the Tournament Program. Donate those sports tickets you aren’t using. Donation letters are available from the Golf Tournament website.
More information, including online and printable signup forms and donation forms, is available at http://golf.tasnorthridge-motas.org or call Barry Mann at 818-360-8881 .
Note: Golf Tournament Signups (Sponsorship, Players, Advertising will be available at the August Shabbabaque.
Before “Weird Al” Yankovic there was another “Al” – Allan Sherman – who became an instant celebrity in 1962 when he sang and recorded his devilishly clever parody lyrics on the album “My Son, The Folk Singer.” His zany songs hit just the right nerve with the American public and his first three Warner Bros. albums shot to Number One. Linden’s show is a tribute to the man and his music. MoTAS and TAS Sisterhood will be hosting a joint concert in tribute to Allan Sherman on Saturday, October 29, at 8pm (with a dessert reception to follow). Pricing is $25 for adults, $18 for children 18 and under, and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, including online ticketing, visit http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/activities/sherman/.
Ticketing will be opened to the general public on September 15. To ensure your ticket, purchase it as soon as possible.
On Sunday, September 11, join the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom starting at 8:45 AM in the Social Hall as we host our traditional Pancake Breakfast for the first day of religious school. The morning provides you the opportunity to learn about the different ways to get involved with TAS and strengthen that relationship. As parents, we are the role models for our children. If we get involved with the synagogue, we’re demonstrating to our children the value of involvement.
If you would like to volunteer to help at the Pancake Breakfast, please RSVP online at http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=156442482.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!