- BUY YOUR FOOTBALL SQUARES BEFORE THEY ARE GONE
- 2016 GOLF TOURNAMENT ON MON 9/19: SIGN UP NOW TO PLAY, DONATE, OR ADVERTISE
- SIGN UP FOR THE AUGUST SHABBABAQUE – FRI 8/19
- HOLD THE DATE: ALLAN SHERMAN TRIBUTE CONCERT – SAT 10/29
- IN CLOSING
Summer is Football Squares season! It’s an easy way to support TAS and possibly win a little back. $50 gets you a random square on the board, where randomized rows and columns have the digits 0 through 9. During Monday Night Football season, match the last digit of the home and away team scores in a quarter and win! More information, complete rules, online signup, and signup forms are available at http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org, or contact Bob Levine (818-271-1282, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathy Pullman (email@example.com). Forms are also available in the Temple Foyer. Funds raised by the Sports Squares programs are used to fund specific needs that are often unfunded, and expenditures are distinct from MoTAS’ general fund contributions. Registration closes at 6:00 PM on Friday, September 9.
As you recall, the net proceeds for the Football Squares goes to support TAS projects that cannot be funded, either adequately, or at all, by current temple budgeting. It is your support that makes these things happen. As a result of your participation and support, the temple has had a major overhaul to the kitchen, and we have been able to offer more campership funds to allow our youth to go to Jewish camp in the summer.
Please support us this year, as you have in the past. All the information about the game, as well as sign-up instructions, are available at our website:
We hope you can see your way to be part of our team this season. You might win some money, but the temple is the big winner. A warm thank-you from the Men of TAS.
Note: Football Squares will be on sale at the August Shabbabaque.
The 2016 Annual MoTAS Charity Golf Tournament will be Monday, September 19, 2016. This event is the main fundraiser for MoTAS, and provides the funds that give us the ability to do all the good we do. Everyone in the congregation can help MoTAS by purchasing an $18 3-line message or $36 business card ad in the Tournament Program, by encouraging friends that golf to sign up and play on the tournament day, or by becoming a sponsor of the Golf Tournment:
- Play. Come out and play at the tournament. Entries are $215 per player.
- Sponsor. Companies and individuals can sponsor the tournament, starting at $180 for a Tee sign and going up. This is a great way for a corporation or local business to show their support. Sponsorships at the Corporate level and above include player spots, and all include advertising in the TAS Calendar/Tournament Program.
- Advertise. Our Tournament Program is a printed calendar of Temple events throughout the year, surrounded by ads and messages from members and businesses. Everyone can participate: 3 line messages are only $18, and honorarium/memorial ads are $36. Draw local businesses in to advertise, and build their relationship with the TAS community-prices start at $36 for a business card ad to $250 for a full page ad.
- Donate. We need prize and silent auction items. Get a local restaurant or theatre to donate a dinner/show, and advertise in the Tournament Program. Donate those sports tickets you aren’t using. Donation letters are available from the Golf Tournament website.
More information, including online and printable signup forms and donation forms, is available at http://golf.tasnorthridge-motas.org or call Barry Mann at 818-360-8881 .
Note: Golf Tournament Signups (Sponsorship, Players, Advertising will be available at the August Shabbabaque.
The August Shabbabeque will be Friday, August 19. Shabbabeque starts with an outdoor service in the TAS amphitheatre at 6:15pm, featuring music from the TAS House Band. This is followed at 7:15pm by a delicious barbeque dinner. The menu typically includes chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers, along with Caesar salad (no chicken in the salad), plus all the sides [menu subject to change regarding the sides].
The next Shabbabeque is:
- Date: Friday, August 19, 2016
- 6:15 PM Service
- 7:15 PM Shabbabeque Dinner
- Cost: $11 Adults / $7 Children (+$5 for registrations after Weds., 8/17 at noon)
- How to Register:
- Online Registrations: Visit http://shab-bbq.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ to register. You may pay by credit card, or mail your check in advance or bring it to the event.
- Telephone Registrations. You may register by calling the MoTAS Voicemail at (641) 715-3900 Ext. 430235#, the Temple Office at (818) 360-2258, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that registrations received after Weds 8/17 at 6PM are an additional $5.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
Pre-reservation for this event is strongly encouraged; an extremely-limited number of tickets are available at the door.
AUGUST SHABABBEQUE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers are needed for the August Shabbabeque.
At the August Shabbabaque, many of our current crew (e.g., Frank, Roger) will be unavailable. We particularly need people to help shop a few days before and to help set up starting around noon-ish on Friday. Please contact the past President, firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your availability. Alternatively, visit http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=175346712 and add your name to the list — and indicate what you will be able to do (shop, setup, serve, cleanup) as your middle name. We will be in touch with you regarding how you can help us. Remember: This is a great opportunity for teens to earn mitzvah credit towards camperships.
Planning is underway for a joint MoTAS/Sisterhood fundraising concern on October 29th, featuring Linden Waddell‘s show, Hello Again, the Songs of Allan Sherman. Before “Weird Al” Yankovic there was another “Al” – Allan Sherman – who became an instant celebrity in 1962 when he sang and recorded his devilishly clever parody lyrics on the album “My Son, The Folk Singer.” His zany songs hit just the right nerve with the American public and his first three Warner Bros. albums shot to Number One. Linden’s show is a tribute to the man and his music.
More details will be forthcoming, including event pricing and sponsorship opportunities. For now, please put a HOLD on your calendar for the evening of October 29th. It should be a great evening. This event will be open to the public.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!