- LAST CHANCE: REGISTER BY FRIDAY FOR JETHAWKS BASEBALL (SUNDAY JUNE 7)
- MOTAS COMEDY CLUB – SUNDAY JUNE 14
- JUNE MENS HANGOUT – SUNDAY EVENING JUNE 14
- SIGN UP FOR SHABBABEQUE – FRIDAY, JUNE 19
- SUMMER EVENTS – JULY POTLUCK / AUGUST CONCERTS IN THE PARK
- IN CLOSING
This is your last chance. Registration for the Jethawks Baseball Family Event on Sunday, June 7 ends on Friday, June 5. Visit http://jethawks.tasnorthridge-motas.org to register. This event is an outing to “The Hanger” in Lancaster (about a hour drive from TAS) on a Sunday afternoon to see the Jethawks play. The cost will be $9 per person (with a slight convenience charge for online credit-card registrations). If you haven’t been to a minor-league baseball game, they are an order of magnitude more fun than an outing to the Dodgers. The stadium is small, the food is inexpensive, and the goal is just to have a great time. The Jethawks (http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t491) are the minor-league team for the Houston Astros. The game is an afternoon game, allowing us to arrive at the stadium, gather together for lunch, and not be out until the wee hours of the morning. It is also after religious school is over for the year, so we encourage you to bring your kids and grandkids. The more the merrier.
Note: If you print the form, it will show the total for your tickets as 0.00. That’s an artifact of Adobe Acrobat attempting to calculate the cost of 0 tickets. Just put in the correct total if you are filling out the form by hand. Ignore the deadline shown on the form.
Registration information may be found at jethawks.tasnorthridge-motas.org.
Continuing a tradition started by our Past President, our June meeting will bring back the MOTAS Comedy Club. Bring your best Jewish jokes to share with the group as we laugh at our last membership meeting for the 2014-2015 programming year. Unaccustomed as I am to extemporaneous public speaker, I might even ask Bob to be our Master of Ceremonies. As usual, we start with breakfast at 8:45 AM, followed by our activity review at 9:00 AM and the comedy club at 10:00 AM.
Our last Mens Only Hangout for the 2014-2015 programming year is scheduled for 7PM on June 14, the evening of our June meeting. If you would be interesting in joining the hang-out, please contact Dave Friedman at email@example.com. In order to confirm that the event will occur, we need your RSVP to Dave.
Signups are now open for first Shabbabeque of the summer on Friday, June 19th. Shabbabeque starts with an outdoor service in the TAS amphitheatre at 6:15pm, featuring music from the TAS House Band. This is followed at 7:15pm by a delicious barbeque dinner. The menu typically includes chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers, along with Caesar salad (no chicken in the salad), plus all the sides.
The next Shabbabeque is:
- Date: Friday, June 19, 2015
- 6:15 PM Service
- 7:15 PM Shabbabeque Dinner
- Cost: $11 Adults / $7 Children (+$5 for registrations after Weds., 6/17 at noon)
- How to Register:
- Online Registrations: Click here or visit http://shab-bbq.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ to register. You may pay by credit card, or mail your check in advance or bring it to the event.
- Telephone Registrations. You may register by calling the Temple Office at (818) 360-2258 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that registrations received after Weds 6/17 at noon are an additional $5.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com
Pre-reservation for this event is strongly encouraged; an extremely-limited number of tickets are available at the door.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT. To volunteer to help at the event, visit http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=142138502
Mark your calendars now for the following summer events:
- July MoTAS Potluck. MoTAS is continuing the traditional of an end-of-year/start-of-year party for MoTAS members. This year’s July MoTAS Potluck will be held Sunday afternoon and evening, July 12. More information to come.
- August Concert in the Park. We invite you to join MoTAS for a picnic and concert in the park on Sunday, August 9. We’ll be meeting at Warner Park for the Concerts in the Park series; the artist that night will be a Neil Diamond tribute band. Last year’s event was quite a lovely evening. Again, more information to come as the summer progresses.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!