In This Issue:
- MoTAS TRIVIA CONTEST / Get Together, Sunday July 19
- Monthly TAS Poker Game – Calling all Poker Players
- Help Us Spread the News about Rabbi Becky
- IN CLOSING
Note: As we enter into the Summer months, the MoTAS Weekly make take the occasional week off if there are no new items for the week. As always, you can find the weekly posted on our website at www.tasnorthridge-motas.org.
1. MoTAS TRIVIA CONTEST / Get Together, Sunday July 19
Our guys like to see each other and catch up. While we don’t have our monthly meetings during summer, we are planning a morning Zoom on Sunday July 19 at 9am. Just for fun, we will hold a short trivia contest. If you would like to participate, use the following link to meet up with us on Zoom:
Topic: MoTAS July Get-together
Time: Jul 19, 2020 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: Contact Howard Miller at email@example.com for meeting information.
Please have pen and paper ready!
2. Monthly TAS Poker Game – Calling all Poker Players
If you like to play in a monthly game of poker and help out the temple, MoTAS is putting together a safe monthly online game of No Limit Hold-em. A monthly tournament is a fun way to increase your skills at poker and make a bit of mullah. Games would be played at 7:30 on the first Tuesday of each month. The $20 buy-in would be handled by MoTAS. MoTAS would take 15% of the stakes for our temple fundraising and the rest would be split 60% and 25% by the top two players. Tournaments will take about 90 minutes. If you (yes, men and women) have an interest, contact Howard Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Help Us Spread the News about Rabbi Becky
Now that Rabbi Becky has started at TAS, we need to let our community know about the changes at TAS. This is not the TAS of yore: all of what might have inhibited folks in prior years is in the past. We have a new Rabbi, a new Cantor, and most importantly: a new spirit and a stronger family. We need to let our communities know: not only the local North Valley of Chatsworth, Northridge, North Hills, and Granada Hills. We need to let the folks in all directions nearby know: the Southern portion of the valley (Reseda, Woodland Hills, Van Nuys, Encino, etc.), the communities to the East (Arleta, Sylmar, San Fernando), Simi Valley to the West, and, to the North, the southern portions of Santa Clarita and Stevenson Ranch.
The best way to do this is to invite someone to sample our Friday night service. They can do this via Zoom, or that can join via Facebook Live via the Temple’s Facebook page. You’ll get the Zoom information in your weekly temple mailing that you can share. You can also recommend that folks contact the Temple office for information.
We also want you to go beyond asking local friends and family to meet her and our temple. First, you can spread the word on those social media sites you use. Spread the message on Facebook about our service. Look at the Temple’s Facebook page for information to share. Second, you can introduce Rabbi Becky to your neighborhood using nextdoor.com . If you already have an account, you are ready. If you need to register / create a new free account, click here: https://help.nextdoor.com/s/article/How-to-join-Nextdoor?language=en_US. Once you have your account:
- Go to your account on nextdoor.com
- Select “General” under “Neighborhood”
- Post a story about Rabbi Becky
We also encourage you to go write a rewiew of the Temple on Yelp. Jews across the Valley look to Yelp for reviews and recommendations for all sorts of products, services, restaurants and even which temple to join. If you were asked to recommend TAS, what good things would you say? Now is a particularly good time to write your review, with Rabbi Becky joining us and Cantor Ken continuing to make our musical moments magic. In case you wish to share your opinion and add a review on the TAS Yelp page, it is simple and easy:
- Go to http://www.yelp.com
- In “Find” type “Temple Ahavat Shalom” and in “Near” type “Northridge”
- Then click on “Temple Ahavat Shalom”
- Then click on “Write a Review”
- Select Your Rating of * (5 stars is best!)
- In your own words write a review / answer the question “Would do you love about being a member Temple Ahavat Shalom?”
Here are some suggestions for things to mention in your post or review:
- Temple Ahavat Shalom is a 54 year old warm and welcoming Jewish Reform Congregation in Northridge.
- Mention how long you have been a member.
- Join us for a dynamic Shabbat service with our new rabbi, Rebecca Hoffman, and provide the date and time.
- Invite people to come check us out.
- For more information on our Zoom service or attending via Facebook Live, call Ben Tenn at (818) 360-2258 or contact Aaron Solomon at (818) 360-2258.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!