In This Issue:
- July 3rd Shabbat Service Welcome for Rabbi Becky – 6:30
- Help Us Spread the News about Rabbi Becky in Your Own Neighborhood
- Monthly TAS Poker Game – Calling all Poker Players
- MoTAS Get Together, Sunday July 19
- IN CLOSING
Note: As we enter into the Summer months, the MoTAS Weekly make take the occasional week off if there are no new items for the week. As always, you can find the weekly posted on our website at www.tasnorthridge-motas.org.
1. July 3rd Shabbat Service Welcome for Rabbi Becky – 6:30
Our wonderful new Rabbi, Becky Hoffman, will be leading her first Shabbat service on Friday July 3. Join the Men of TAS in making this service memorable by attending in force with your families and friends, creating the largest Zoom attendance ever. If you have friends that were interested in TAS but were waiting to find out about our new Rabbi, make sure that they have the information so that they too can attend. Let’s give Rabbi Becky a big MoTAS welcome.
6:30PM – Erev Shabbat Service with Rabbi Becky and Cantor Ken, Contact the temple office at 818-360-2258 info@TASnorthridge.org for information on the Zoom service.
2. Help Us Spread the News about Rabbi Becky in Your Own Neighborhood
The 6:30 Friday night Shabbat service via Zoom this week should be incredible. We waqnt to get as many people onboard as possible and introduce people to our new rabbi. There is something you can do beyond asking local friends and family to meet her and our temple. First, you can spread the word on those social media site you use. Spread the message on Facebook about our service. Look at the Temple’s Facebook page for information to share. Second, you can introduce Rabbi Becky to your neighborhood using nextdoor.com . If you already have an account, you are ready. If you need to register / create a new free account, click here: https://help.nextdoor.com/s/article/How-to-join-Nextdoor?language=en_US. Once you have your account:
- Go to your account on nextdoor.com
- Select “General” under “Neighborhood”
- Post a story about Rabbi Becky
Here are some suggestions for things to mention in your post:
- Temple Ahavat Shalom is a 54 year old warm and welcoming Jewish Reform Congregation in Northridge.
- Mention how long you have been a member.
- Rabbi Rebecca Hoffman will be leading her inaugural / first Shabbat Service at TAS on Friday evening, July 3, at 6:30 via Zoom. We are really excited.
- Invite people to come check us out. You have the Zoom information above.
- For more information on our Zoom service, call Ben Tenn at (818) 360-2258 or contact Aaron Solomon at (818) 360-2258.
3. Monthly TAS Poker Game – Calling all Poker Players
If you like to play in a monthly game of poker and help out the temple, MoTAS is putting together a safe monthly online game of No Limit Hold-em. A monthly tournament is a fun way to increase your skills at poker and make a bit of mullah. Games would be played at 7:30 on the first Tuesday of each month. The $20 buy-in would be handled by MoTAS. MoTAS would take 15% of the stakes for our temple fundraising and the rest would be split 60% and 25% by the top two players. Tournaments will take about 90 minutes. If you (yes, men and women) have an interest, contact Howard Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. MoTAS Get Together, Sunday July 19
Our guys like to see each other and catch up. While we don’t have our monthly meetings during summer, we are planning a morning Zoom on Sunday July 19 at 9am. Just for fun, we will hold a short trivia contest. If you would like to participate, use the following link to meet up with us on Zoom:
Topic: MoTAS July Get-together
Time: Jul 19, 2020 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Contact Howard Miller at email@example.com for the specifics of the Zoom meeting.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!