In This Issue:
- SUNDAY, APRIL 19: SPECIAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING
- MOTAS SUGGESTIONS FOR RESTAURANT TAKE-OUT
- YELLOW CANDLE UPDATE
- ONGOING: OUR ANNUAL APPEAL FOR MOTAS AND TAS PRIDE
- IN CLOSING
Apologies for the delay in this week’s weekly. Passover preparation combined with light news. Chag Sameach to all, and may all stay well and healthy.
1. SUNDAY, APRIL 19: SPECIAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING
This is a reminder that there will be a Special Congregational Meeting on Sunday, April 19 at 11AM. At this meeting, the congregation will hear a full report from the Rabbinic Search Committee, answer questions related to the search and selection, and vote as a community to ratify the selection, initial term, and salary. Some important rules for this virtual meeting:
- Anyone who plans on voting MUST attend this meeting via the video feature of Zoom, no voting allowed by those calling in via telephone. This means that we must see your face and be able to visually count your vote by your raised hand, just as if we were sitting all together in the Social Hall.
- There will be NO voting by mail or proxy.
- If you do not know how to connect to Zoom via the video feature, contact the Temple Office ASAP so we can give you the necessary instructions.
- Each membership unit, in good standing, shall have one vote, except those membership units that have two or more adult heads of household, which shall have two.
- This meeting requires a quorum so please attend.
- If you have any other questions or concerns about this process, please contact Debby Lieber at email@example.com well in advance of the meeting so she can address them.
MoTAS hopes all of our members will be able to support the Special Congregational Meeting Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 11AM via Zoom (link is in the email sent by temple).
2. MOTAS SUGGESTIONS FOR RESTAURANT TAKE-OUT
As you know, MoTAS has our Dining Does Good program where local restaurants have helped MoTAS and the temple financially by donating part of the proceeds when we plan an event at their restaurant. We cannot plan such events with the virus restrictions. However, there are many restaurants that are trying to remain open by supporting take out and delivery. Please thank and support the following restaurants that have supported MoTAS and the temple in the past. Feel free to mention that you chose them because they have helped us.
3. YELLOW CANDLE UPDATE
Needless to say, in the time of “Safer at Home”, we are unable to have a packing meeting and send out physical candles. But our commemoration of Yom HaShoah will be going on. Our plan right now is to do an electronic mailing to a virtual candle, with messages from our clergy and prayers, and we will all “light” our candles in memory together. Watch your emailbox for more information in the coming weeks.
4. ONGOING: OUR ANNUAL APPEAL FOR MOTAS AND TAS PRIDE
Our annual operating budget depends on the generous contributions of our temple members. We use the funds to run our organization, support the ECEC and Religious School, and the Temple. In combination with our other fundraising activities, we support the costs of Camperships, the Avodah Program, the free pancake breakfast, Confirmation L’Taken, and many more activities and benefits that are not part of the Temple budget. If you would like to help us, visit support.tasnorthridge-motas.org. Let’s show that 100% of our active members participate, even if it is just for $18.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!