In This Issue:
- CONGREGATIONAL MEETING – SUN JUN 2
- JUNE MEMBERSHIP MEETING – SUN JUN 9
- SHABBABAQUE IS COMING – FRI JUN 28
- MOTAS RACES FOR THE GALA – SAT JUN 15
- MOTAS BRIGHTENS THE RELIGIOUS SCHOOL PLAYGROUND (UPDATED)
- IN CLOSING
1. CONGREGATIONAL MEETING – SUN JUN 2
Please make sure to mark your calendars and attend the upcoming Congregational Meeting, Sunday, June 2, 2019. This is where we will get a report on the actions of the Board over the last year, receive an update on the status of the Rabbinical search, elect the congregational officers for the upcoming year, review and vote on the congregational budget, and review and vote on the proposed Bylaws changes. It is also where MoTAS will present their annual contribution to the congregation. It is vital that there be a quorum of the congregation at this meeting, and it provides an opportunity for MoTAS to deliver more the funds: we can deliver our members to ensure the quorum requirement is met.
2. JUNE MEMBERSHIP MEETING – SUN JUN 9
Our June meeting will close out the 2019-20 year, not with a bang but with a slice of good and welfare. Our business will be blunt and to the point as we will quickly cut to the chase and discuss sharp ideas for next year. Our program after the meeting will be “Knives and Other Serving Cutlery: Making Their Selection and Use More Than a Stab in the Dark!”. Scott Yollis will present a discussion on knives that covers their history, selection and usage. Scott will help you sharpen your skills and get a cutting edge on slicing and dicing around the house. Bring your own Band-Aids.
Join us at 8:45am in Activity Center 1/2 for our normal scrumptious breakfast (which I’m sure will be extra cheesy in honor of Shavuot). Reminder: This meeting will be held in Activity Center 1/2, the S end of the Activity Center, as our normal meeting rooms (5/6) are booked.
3. SHABBABAQUE IS COMING – FRI JUN 28
Signups are now open for first Shabbat Bar-B-Que — what we call Shabbabeque — of the summer on Friday, June 28th. Shabbabaque starts with an outdoor service in the TAS amphitheatre at 6:15pm, featuring music from our rockin’ TAS House Band. This is followed at 7:45pm by a delicious barbeque dinner. Meat items will include turkey burgers, beef burgers, and hot dogs. Vegetarian items will include vegetarian patties, broccoli roasted with garlic, and baked potatoes. Afterwards, there will be a wonderful Sisterhood oneg. The full menu is on the Shabbabaque event page. Our goal is for everyone to be happy. If you have special dietary needs, please contact us at the email address below.
☞ Checking out TAS? The Men of TAS invite all families interested in learning about TAS to enjoy the BBQ as our guests. Please invite your friends and other family members who may have an interest in joining our community to dine with you at our expense. Note: To do this, you need to register your guests online, by the advance registration deadline.
The next Shabbabeque is:
- Date: Friday, June 28, 2019
- 6:15 PM Service
- 7:45 PM Shabbabeque Dinner
- Cost: $11 Adults / $7 Children (+$5 for registrations after Weds., 6/26 at noon). Free for those checking out TAS.
- How to Register:
- Online Registrations and Payments: Visit http://shab-bbq.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ to register. You may pay by credit card, or mail your check in advance or bring it to the event. You may also pay by credit card at the event.
- Telephone Registrations. You may register by calling the Temple Office at (818) 360-2258, or emailing email@example.com. Note that registrations received after Weds 6/26 at 6PM are an additional $5.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservation for this event by June 26th is strongly encouraged; an extremely-limited number of late-registration tickets are available at the door.
To volunteer to help at the event, visit https://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=129473583.
4. MOTAS RACES FOR THE GALA – SAT JUN 15
Please join your MoTAS friends and help out the temple at the June 15 2019 Gala, TAS’ biggest fundraiser. Not only will you find a whole page add from MoTAS but we are also sponsoring a race horse along with TAS Sisterhood. Our entry, The Great Auxiliary, will make its track debut in a run for the roses, or maybe the Kishkah. Hope to see you there to cheer for our champion and help out the temple.
5. MOTAS BRIGHTENS THE RELIGIOUS SCHOOL PLAYGROUND
Have you ever wondered where your sports squares funds go? Here is one example. Using a combination of MoTAS squares funds, plus funds from ECEC and the temple Beautification budget, a new synthetic lawn was installed at the north end of the playground for our little kids to play on. Take a look and find out how much the lawn is enjoyed by your kids and grandkids.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!