- NOVEMBER MOTAS MEETING “MOVING FORWARD” – SUN NOV 12 @ 9AM
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON THE BIG SCREEN – THU NOV 16 @ 5PM
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR CHANUKAH BOUTIQUE – SUN NOV 19 @ 10AM
- IN CLOSING
During our upcoming November MoTAS Meeting on Sunday, November 12, we will continue to discuss how MoTAS can be a visible partner in moving the congregation forward and growing our membership. We invite you to come to the meeting: this is a pivotal time, and everyone plays a significant part.
We will start, as always, by breaking bread together and enjoying our traditional MoTAS breakfast. Following that, we will have a brief update and discussion about what is happening with the congregation.
Next we’ll be reviewing the budget prepared by the Executive Board. This budget shapes our activities during the upcoming year, and dictates how we can use our funds for the benefit of the congregation. The review will be at a high level, not line-by-line. When we are done, we will vote up or down on the full budget.
The discussion on the budget will also include a discussion on some upcoming activities, such as serving food at the Sisterhood Chanukah boutique, any MoTAS December activities such as a Chanukah Party, and the Yellow Candle program.
At that point, we’ll return to the list of projects presented at the last meeting. These are all improvement projects where MoTAS can make a visible difference in the congregation. As a refresher:
- ECEC request for a power washer for the playground, sidewalks and large toys $300
- Install canvas for displaying student art work $250
- Professionally repair south side of sanctuary building ceiling plus fascia on north side. Paint and materials $300
- Strengthen hand rail attachments and paint the hand rails $100
- Clean inside of windows and paint walls on interior of school buildings $300
- Paint metal cap over top of wall on 2nd story of school buildings $300
- Power-wash stains on school buildings and activity center exterior walls
- Additional decorative rock at west side of temple $600
- Potentially updating two outdoor electric wall sockets behind the social hall
We will asking for volunteers to lead or implement these projects. Based on those results, we will move forward with hiring folks. My hope is we can hire Temple members to do the work.
Time permitting, we’ll explore the demographic information on the congregation that Howard has developed.
MoTAS invites you to join us for Thursday Night Football — Titans vs. the Steelers — on the TAS Big Screen. This is an informal NFL fan event starting at 5:00 PM. It’s casual…show up whenever, leave whenever. MoTAS will be providing beverages, either soft drinks or “red cup” beverages. Depending on the size of the crowd, we may order pizza to bring in/have delivered to eat at halftime or later.
There is no upfront cost, although (of course) donations are always welcome.
On Sunday, November 19, Sisterhood will be having their annual Holiday Boutique, and as usual, MoTAS will be providing the food service. If you will be able to volunteer to sell lunch items this day (10am to 2pm), please RSVP at https://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=130468842.
Note in particular that Frank will not be available that day, so if you will be able to help with the shopping and setup in additional to the service, please let Daniel know at email@example.com and he’ll get the information to the right people.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!