- JAN MOTAS MEMBERSHIP MEETING/AGENDA – JAN 8
- SUPERBOWL SQUARES ARE ON SALE
- MoTAS SHABBAT – JAN 27 / MAN OF THE YEAR DINNER – MAR 4
- “DINING DOES GOOD” – FALAFEL PALACE – JAN 16 FOR TAS RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
- IN CLOSING
The next monthly membership meeting of MoTAS will be on Sunday, January 8. Frank has provided the following agenda:
- Breakfast and Klezmer Music
- Yom Hashoah Candles. We will be mailing candles this year.
- Brian Hatkoff will find out how to prep for the Post Office this year.
- We will schedule a day for packing. [Note: Calendar shows this is the April MoTAS meeting.]
- A candle will be sent to every Temple member.
- Discuss ways to promote us and our events?
- Call list for Men to call every member that receives a candle.
- Invite them to the next Shabbat? Other?
- Irv Reizes Sculpture: Black Gates with Gold Hebrew Letters
- Touch up black paint on gates portion.
- Paint Hebrew letters gold.
- This sculpture has significant historic value because it was designed and built by one of the founding members (now of blessed memory), Irv Reizes. The Beautification subcommittee plans to have it installed on the south wall of the social hall facing the amphitheater.
- Putting Green hosted by Men of TAS — Jan. 20th at 6 PM
- We will have a Putting Green for everyone to play on at the Early Childhood Education Committee (ECEC) 2nd Annual Community Dinner
- Emoji Golf Ball
- Club sizes from toddler to adult.
- Promote Men of TAS with parents of children enrolled at TAS
- We need Men to supervise kids on the Putting Green.
- Men’s Shabbat Service — Jan. 27th (see separate item below)
- Participants meet early at 7 PM
- Services start at 7:30 PM
- We need volunteers. Bob Levine will discuss.
- Men of TAS will announce our Man of the Year.
- Cantor’s Concert, Saturday, Feb. 4 at 7:30 PM
- This is going to be a fun feel good event.
- Get count to buy a block of discount tickets for $30 each (reg. 36)
- The Men of Reform Judaism West, 19th Annual Man of the Year Dinner (see separate item below)
- Will be held at HERE! Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm
- Cost: $36.00 per person (The Honoree will be our guest)
- Please make sure we have your reservations in for the attendees no later than February 23rd, 2017. We are limited to 240 people at this event and want to make sure you don’t get locked out.
- Let’s buy a block of tickets for us now!
- Suggest who we should call and invite.
- Like TAS Northridge on Facebook
- Prager University courses about Israel: www.PragerU.com
The meeting will begin with breakfast at 8:45 am, with the meeting proper starting at 9:00 am. In addition to Frank’s agenda items above, this is your opportunity to purchase Superbowl Squares (see below as well), to pick up a flyer for our upcoming Dining Out, and to help with the MoTAS Annual Appeal.
The Monday Night Football season has concluded. The final results are posted to the Squares website (http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org/), and we congratulate all the winners. The MoTAS President is determining where the grants from this round will go (contact him if your temple organization has a needed).
Next up: The Superbowl. Now is the time to buy a Superbowl Square. The cost is only $25 per square, and you can help Temple Ahavat Shalom while potentially rewarding yourself. Yes, the price has been raised slightly to account for eliminating some biased squares, but the payout has also been raised: $230 for each quarter, and $460 for the final score. A full board of 91 squares pays out $1150 to players, and $1125 to MoTAS. You can find the rules of the game, register and pay online, or find a form that you can print and mail in, at http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org/.
MoTAS Shabbat – January 27, 2017. Once a year TAS celebrates the contributions of MoTAS at the MoTAS Shabbat. This is a special Shabbat service that is primarily led by the members of MoTAS. If you are a male member of TAS and would like to participate in the service, please contact Bob Levine, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let him know if you want to read Hebrew. You can also RSVP online at http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=129445893; use a middle initial of “H” if you want to read Hebrew. You can also call Daniel at (818) 438-5781 and the message will get to Bob.
Man of the Year Dinner – March 4, 2017. At the MoTAS Shabbat, our honoree for the MoTAS Man of the Year will be announced. This honoree will be feted, together with the honorees from other MRJ congregations from the MRJ Pacific Southwest region, at the MRJ Man of the Year Dinner on Saturday, March 4, 2017. This year, the dinner will be held at Temple Ahavat Shalom, allowing us to show off our beautiful remodeled social hall. The cost of the dinner is $36, and you can RSVP now by clicking here. We will also need volunteers to help check in people and help with the event; if you are able to volunteer, click here.
Our January “Dining Does Good” will be January 16 (Martin Luther King Day) at Falafel Palace in support of the religious school. You can find a flyer for the event at https://wp.tasnorthridge-motas.org/activities/dining/.
Our February “Dining Does Good” will be supporting Sisterhood. We’re working on Brent’s Deli for the day before Valentine’s Day (February 13). More information once it is confirmed.
Thank you to everyone for supporting these events.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. Sign up for our action alert list at http://tinyurl.com/motas-action-alert. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!