- SUPERBOWL SQUARES ARE ON SALE
- JANUARY SPEAKER – MITCH ENGLANDER – JANUARY 11
- MoTAS DINNER AND SHABBAT – FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2015
- FINAL FOOTBALL SQUARES RESULTS
- IT’S DONATION SEASON
- A NEW YEARS NOTE
- IN CLOSING
The Monday Night Football season is over (see item 4), and the Superbowl is rapidly approaching. Now is the time to buy a Superbowl Sqaure. The cost is only $18 per square, and you can help Temple Ahavat Shalom while potentially rewarding yourself. You can register and pay online at http://motascybermaven.eventbee.com/event?eid=194021395, or find the paper registration form, together with the official rules, at http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org/.
In January, MoTAS will be hosting a very special speaker: The Honorable Mitch Englander, LA City Councilmember for District 12. Councilman Englander will speak for about 20-30 minutes about new and on-going projects that affect Northridge. This will be followed by a question and answer session. Start preparing your questions now, and join us in the Social Hall for the meeting. Our usual breakfast will start at 8:45am, with a review of upcoming activities starting at 9:00am. Councilman Englander will be talking at 10:00am. Everyone is invited.
Once a year TAS celebrates the contributions of MoTAS at the MoTAS Shabbat. This is a special Shabbat service, preceded by a special Shabbat dinner, that is primarily led by the members of MoTAS. Mark your calendar NOW, and reserve your space:
- Call for Participation. If you are a male member of TAS and would like to participate in the service, please contact Bob Levine, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Daniel at (818) 438-5781 and the message will get to Bob. Please let him know if you want to read Hebrew.
- Make Your Dinner Reservations Now. Before the service we will be having a special Shabbat dinner catered by Silver Spoons catering. The cost is $15 for adults, $10 for children. The menu will feature Israeli Salad w/Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing, Chicken Kabobs w/Tzatziki Sauce, Basmati Rice, Ratatouille, Pita Breads and Hummus, Fresh Fruit, and the usual Shabbat treats. For more information and to make reservations, visit http://shabbat.tasnorthridge-motas.org/
The following are results for Week 16 of the Fall 2014 MoTAS Football Squares (Denver at Cincinnati). The previously announced results for weeks 14 and 15 have also been confirmed as correct. As always, results are also posted at http://squares.tasnorthridge-motas.org/:
- Week Sixteen(Denver at Cincinnati): Q1: No Winner; Q2: Barry Mann; Q3: Melissa Kassan; Final: Melissa Kassan.
Our treasurer will be issuing checks for Weeks 14, 15, 16 in the next day or two. If you wish to donate your winnings back to MoTAS, please contact Roger at email@example.com before then. Once issued, the checks are printed and mailed by Chase, so please do not discard the envelopes as junk mail.
This was the last game of the 2014 Football Squares Season.. Thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to all the winners. The ultimate winner, of course, is the Temple and its programs. The Grants Committee (http://grants.tasnorthridge-motas.org) will be meeting soon to allocate the grants from the 2014 Football Squares proceeds, and we hope to announce the grants at the January MoTAS meeting.
Hopefully by now you’re received the letter from the congregation encouraging you to contribute to the Temple’s end-of-year Tzedakah appeal. The MoTAS leadership encourages you to do so — if you haven’t figured it out by now, we believe that TAS is a cause worth supporting. The Temple survives on your donations, and every dollar is important. Make a year end donation, and remember that it is tax-deductable.
P.S.: If you have a little left over after making that donation, consider getting a jump on your annual support of MoTAS. As you may recall, two years ago MoTAS got rid of dues — every man at TAS is a member of MoTAS. To make this model work, we’re building a relationship with you, and hope you want to provide financial support to maintain that relationship. We’ll be sending out a letter after the beginning of the year, but if you want to get your donation in during this tax year, just visit our website at www.tasnorthridge-motas.org and select “Support Us” from the right-hand column.
New Years Eve is about a week away. Please remember to be safe over the holidays, and to have a designated driver if you are drinking. We care about all of the Men of TAS, and we want to you be able to attend our events safe and sound. MoTAS wishes everyone in TAS a happy (secular) new year.
P.S.: If you are interested in boardgaming on New Years Eve, please contact Daniel, the President of MoTAS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, remember that the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom is *your* organization. Keep up to date on our activities at http://www.tasnorthridge-motas.org/ and participate. We want to serve all the men of Temple Ahavat Shalom and welcome new participants from the TAS membership. Join our Facebook group and “follow” our website. Come be part of the Men of Temple Ahavat Shalom!